The new IJF standards for judogi in 2022
The IJF standards that haven’t changed for certified judogis:
- The sleeves of the kimono must be adjusted to the base of the wrist. There is a maximum tolerance of 1 cm.
- The trousers should not rise more than 5 cm above the malleolus.
- The space between the fabric and the arm or leg should be between 10 and 15 cm.
- Once fastened, the belt should not be able to come undone by pushing the two ends. The ends of the belt should be 20 to 30 cm from the knot. And it should be worn above the hip bone.
- In international competitions, fighters must have a white and a blue judogi.
What changes with the new rules
The standards do not change much for the 2022/2024 Olympiad regarding judogis. However, some points, such as the length of the jacket, will change. We explain!
The distance between the points where the jacket passes through the belt must be 25 cm. Previously it was 20 cm.
The bottom of the jacket should cover the bottom with 5 to 10 cm more. With the old standard, the jacket should only cover the buttocks.
The judogi checks are done 2 days before the competition and on the day of the competition. The control made 2 days before the competition allows the judokas who are not in the standards to find a judogi in conformity and to be able to put their bib on the new judogis.
What changes for the Superstar 750 Fighting Films judogi (IJF approved)
In order to maintain its title as an IJF supplier, Figting Films has met the new standards. Therefore, Fighting Films kimonos, like the Superstar 750, have been re-cut.
Fighting Films increased the length:
- of the skirt ( H ) by 5 cm ;
- of the skirt panel (L) by 5 cm ;
- of the jacket (B) by 5 cm.
Do you want a judogi that meets IJF standards? Take a look at our Superstar 750 judogis.
Superstar 750Gr IJF judogi
The Fighting Films Superstar 750 Gr – IJF approved judogi is characterized by its meticulous finition and the quality of its fabric. Thus, it is a model that is perfectly suited to all judokas wishing to be comfortable in a high quality judogi. This judogi is ideal for a regular practice, because it is light and brings an optimal comfort. Finally, it offers maximum mobility because of its slim fit. It is the best judo kimono for competition.
IJF Approved Judo Black Belt
The Black Belt of Judo Fighting Films – IJF Approved, is a guarantee of quality and an essential accessory to the practice of Judo. This belt has seduced many athletes around the world.
All our judo belts comply with the official standards of the IJF (International Judo Federation).
Where to find us ?
For more advices, you are welcome in our judo shop in Paris.
Our adress: 23 Rue de la Grange aux Belles, 75010 Paris. Code : 8285
We look forward to welcoming you!